Monday, July 23, 2012

picnic pasta salad

Another great recipe I've found on my search to expand my cooking skills...
I made a few changes to suit our taste buds.  I didn't add mushrooms and instead of cucumbers I added zucchini.  Made it delicious!  I will also in the future add more noodles to make the dressing less tart.
 
1 package (16 oz) bow-tie (farfalle) pasta
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup Italian dressing
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
5 plum (Roma) tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 large cucumber, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 medium red onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 1 Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain.
  • 2 In large bowl, mix tomato sauce, dressing, basil and oregano. Add pasta and remaining ingredients; toss. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled but no longer than 48 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment