Monday, July 23, 2012

homemade chicken noodle soup

I have never made soup before.  I am not a huge soup fan, so I never saw the need to make mine own.  Well, I finally decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did.  I was YUMMY!
This soup was easy and tasty.

Chicken and Noodle Soup5 cups of chicken broth (boxed or can is fine)
One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
1/2 cup carrots, chopped fine
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
One 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken chopped or 2 cans canned cooked chicken

Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn on High, and add noodles and chicken. Remember, if you do this in the morning, and don’t have a timer on your crock pot, use a lamp timer, they work wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment