Thursday, May 31, 2012

magnetic board with 9 lives

This magnetic board was quite the project.  I wish I had taken pictures of it after all it and I have been through! 
It was found at a thrift store by my mom and she thought it would be so cute if it was redone so she had me save it to give to her granddaughter for her birthday.
Well, that day finally came and I had to figure out what to do with it.  It was green and banged up pretty bad and someone had painted the metal yellow. 
Needless to say, after a lot of scraping, removing the metal and turning it around, and a lot of paint I got it looking pretty good so I left in on the garage floor to dry.
Well, my husband came home and didn't see it and ran it over!  I couldn't believe that after all the work I put into it that this would happen.  I decided I could put a little more work into it and get it looking good again.
So, with a lot of wood glue, jimmy rigging, and more paint to cover the tire marks I got it put back together.  Add some cute stone magnets that match the banner in her room and you have a cute metal board.
Here's to hoping nothing else happens to it before it gets to the party! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment