Tuesday, May 29, 2012

garden stakes

We had a great time making our own garden stakes.  And yes, this was another great free project.  I just picked up a bunch of paint sticks when I was at Lowe's the last time.  I busted out the paints and brushes and let my kids go to town. 
 They had so much fun and I was so proud of myself for letting them let loose, make a mess, and get paint everywhere.
 They came up with some pretty cool colors and designs.  I was so proud of them and I could tell they were happy with themselves too.
 Let's just say that this is one of those times when I am so grateful for my granite countertops.  Everyhing including all this paint just comes right off.  It's a mother's best friend when it comes to projects like this.
 My oldest wasn't into the painting, so he helped me label the stakes for our plants.  They look so great outside and brighten our yard up a lot.  I love that they made them and love to go see them and have me read them to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment