Sunday, December 11, 2011

meet peter pan, our elf

So, I am a sucker for cheap and home-made, so I could never bring myself to buy "The Elf on the Shelf" book and doll. I love the concept and poem, just not the illustrations or doll...cute, but not me.
So, "Mrs. Claus" finally made her own using wool felt, craft glue, wire, and a sharpie. She's been thinking about it for a while, but not sure how to make him or how to present the "book".
She got some help from some of her virtual friends and away she went....
Gluestickshelped her get her cricut out and make a pattern using her "Paperdolls" cartridge. And Blossom Bunkhousehelped the creative thinking continue.
Santa sent my boys a package one morning with a letter, the poem (abbreviated version), and the elf. The elf was small so he could fit in the package. My kids were so excited. They have been loving looking for "Peter Pan" each day. He even moves during the day sometimes just to trick them even more!


Checking out our tree...

Gettin' comfy in the stockings...

Hanging from the curtain rod...

Reading a good book...

Sneaking some hot chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment