Tuesday, April 26, 2011

disney shirts

My good friend Rebbecca was taking her family to Disneyland for a week since her husband was coming home from Afghanistan, so I just had to make her two little girls some shirt for the occasion. I really LOVE how they turned out. I didn't have a Disney cricut cartridge, so I just used circles to make the Mickey silhouette and then sewed a ribbon bow on to make them look like Minnie.

Making these shirts reminded me of our fun Disney world trip we took and the fun shirts I made for the trip. It all started with the "big brother" "little brother" shirts since we get twin comments daily because our boys look so alike and are the same size.

Those lead to the Mickey tie-dye shirts that I loved. It was easy, cheap, and fun. I just penciled a Mickey silhouette on the front and back. Then I gathered those circles and tied them tight with rubber bands. Then I dyed them in black die (I didn't leave them in long enough!). Then let them dry, took the rubber bands off, washed them and then used freezer paper with my cricut to do the lettering.

And those lead to the fact that their uncle would be having a birthday while we were there, and I just had to make him a cheesy shirt to wear! :) I am most proud of this one. It was a little tricky to make my boy's faces, but well worth the effort. I did it my taping a piece of paper to my computer and tracing the shadows of a picture of them that was on the screen. I them razor cut them out on freezer paper and ironed that on the shirt and painted over it. I was very impressed with myself! :)

1 comment: