Friday, June 1, 2012

ribbon tie dress and taggie

This dress pattern I made I am in love with.  It is so easy.  I dress can be whipped up in 10 minutes.  Only basic sewing skills are needed.
You just sew the size fabric you need in a tube with the ribbons in the seam on the top.  They sew about an inch down when it is right side out for the elastic to run through.  I added the band of a second fabric on the bottom for fun and the flowers as accessories.
I made this dress for my little niece and I love how it turned out.  The fabric was chosen by my SIL for her nursery, but then she went a different direction, so I told her I'd find something to do with it.


The flower on the dress and the hair flower are just 6 circles of felt folded in thirds and glued in a circle with a fabric covered button in the center.  Again, super easy.  You just have to know how to hot glue!
With the bit of fabric that was left and finding some cute ribbon scraps in my stash I made a little taggie for her since all babies love tags.  I think it turned out so cute and made me want to make one for my little girl, even though she is way passed this stage!


No comments:

Post a Comment