Wednesday, March 21, 2012

angry birds [life sized]


So with the new phones came the world of Angry Birds. My kids and husband love it, so we decided to have some fun and make our own game.
I saw something around that inspired the fun. Check them out here and here.
I started by spray painting some vegetable cans and a #10 can green. I then used a picture to help me see how to draw the pigs faces. I used a marker to draw them out, then craft paints to paint over them for the faces.


I got some of those great, cheap balls at WalMart for our birds. They were $1.50 each. I again used pictures to draw faces on and then painted over them. I painted all the colors I was using first and allowed them to dry, then did all the black painting and outlining at the end.


(Placing the balls in bowls is a great way to prop them up and keep them from rolling around.)


You'll see that I used A LOT of paint. There needs to be a thick layer on the balls or they will crackle with all the bouncing they do. Mine have been played with HEAVILY and I have had no problems with the paint due to how thick it is.



Here is a shot of all the paint I used. I used what I had on hand. You could use similar colors if you have them.

I got the TNT signs off one of those blogs up above. I loved the touch they added to our boxes.

Now just stack up different towers and go for it. We played for hours. It was so fun. We even lost one of my small pigs we were going so crazy. Let's just say there is $1 reward at my sister's house for who ever finds him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment