Friday, April 1, 2011

dressed to impress {in less an hour}

Saturday night was a nice quiet night. We got our kids to bed and took some time to do the things we love to do....which means I didn't work on the piles of unfinished projects I have...I started a new one! :)
I have been intrigued by the "pillow case dress" but have never made one or knew how. So, I decided I was going to figure it out.
I got a dress the size my daughter is in. Got a piece of material,doubled it the width of the bottom of the dress and sewed in into a "tube". I put some ribbons in the top seam where I thought they would need to be and sewed them up. I then sewed another seam about an inch and a half below the top seam for the elastic.
I then snipped a little hole in the inside and inserted it. After pulling it through and seeing the finished product, I decided it needed a little more, so I finally tried out this cute new felt flower I just saw on a blog.
I am so happy with how it turned out. It was so fast (less than an hour, flowers included) and the results were terrific!

I think I might attempt my first tutorial with this soon. I had a few friends at church express their desire to make one....just don't hold your breath for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment